Thursday, October 28, 2010

DASH Diet

I actually HATE celery. Wait, that's broccoli. Fail. 
You're probably wondering why I'm acting as a public service announcement this week. Well, the answer is: without classes, I have no idea what to draw! I also like drawing pictures of fruits with smiley faces.

The DASH diet is recommended as one of the main components in the treatment for hypertension (BP >140/90). 

It pretty much consists of eating healthful foods: the whole nine yards of fruit/vegetables. I probably am not the best person to talk about healthful diets (if alcoholics use a drink as an "eye-opener" in the morning, I used to use ice cream as mine), but eating stuff other than only oil drenched cheese (which tastes good) really does wonders for the body. It's also much better to eat well than remember to take a pill everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment