Wednesday, October 27, 2010

CAGE Assessment

It'd be kind of cool to get into a bar fight.
This is a picture of a liver. Livers do a lot for your body. Sometimes excessive alcohol consumption makes the liver cry.

Because of my genetics, even the slightest drop of alcohol makes my face turn a bright red color. Actually, it's not only my face that looks like it's terribly sunburned: I get red on my chest too, which is really embarrassing.

I share this story not because I'm trying to say that alcohol is terrible for you; I kind of need drunks around to laugh at on occasion. The purpose of this post is a reminder that binging a couple times of week isn't a good idea. 

So anyway... if you're assessing for an alcohol problem, use the CAGE questions:

C: Have you ever felt like you have to cut down on your drinking?
A: Have people told you that they are annoyed with your drinking?
G: Have you ever felt guilty for your drinking?
E: Do you drink right away in the morning as an "eye-opener"?

No comments:

Post a Comment