Thursday, December 9, 2010

Church of the Flying Glomerulus

It's either this or all glory to the Hypnotoad. 
A friend was talking to me about the glomerular tuft and how the professors were using that term without exactly explaining what it was. I said that I think it's a name that refers to all the capillaries and other goodness within Bowman's capsule and that if this was so, the name is kind of fitting since the glomerular components do look a tuft of random stuff just thrown together.

But anyway, I'm not sure how many people are familiar with this, but the glomerulus to me looks a lot like the Spaghetti monster in the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster (which is a parody religious order). I think it was created to protest something about teaching Intelligent Design in schools along with evolution, but that's besides the point. The point is: if spaghetti were alive, I would want it to have eyes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment